Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Monday, March 26, 2012

03-26-12

March 26, 2012

Of Armenians and Mexicans

Hey there ya'll!

Bright eyed and bushy tailed, I woke up this morning prepared to fling back the curtains and gave upon the gloriously clear streets of Saratov in all it's springy, warm majesty! What horror filled my disheartened soul as I gazed upon the new 2 inches of snow laying so ungraciously upon the once clear streets I strolled upon the day before! Well...ok, it wasn't that dramatic, and I really wasn't that bright eyed this morning, but it really did snow again today. Blast! Spring has been having a crises here lately, one day letting the sun shine quite nicely and the other sending forth the blasts of wind and snow of a forgotten January past. But, I'm a firm believer that winter is nearing her last cry. Here's to hoping!

This has been a pretty good week! I found out that I actually like broccoli, which is an odd thing since that, along with mushrooms and honey were on my list of things I never thought I'd like to eat. Turns out it's especially good in a delicious stir-fry Elder Rekow makes or on pizza that I like to make. Discoveries! In addition, we also set up a baptismal date with an investigator named [...]. It was pretty cool since, during our lesson on 2 Nephi 31, he asked us "So...when can I get baptized then?". Good stuff! Me and Elder Rekow celebrated that night by buying 6% milk and delicious cookies, which were well enjoyed.

Speaking of delicious food, thank you again so much Mom and Dad for the Mexican food! Me and Elder Rekow, in trying to figure out how best to enjoy the feast, decided that we'd share it with one of our favorite families in the whole world, the [...] family (gosh, that looks odd in English). The [...] are Armenian and we always joked with them that they looked like Mexicans. Though they emphatically said they weren't really Mexican, the delicious burittos we made proved otherwise. Only one of the family was brave enough to try green chiles though (his name is [...] . What a champ!). That was a delicious taste of home, and I wholly approved of the whole thing. Thank you so much, once again! :)

I've been reading a lot of the Old Testament lately, especially ever since I got past Deuteronomy, and in looking at the chronology of stuff, I had a quick question. It mentions that 10 of the tribes of Israel were carried off, but do we know which ones of them were exactly? Of course, I derived that Judah was left behind, but my only other guess for the other one left was probably the tribe of Levi since they were necessary for carrying out the ordinances of the law of Moses (what exactly did the Jews do if the Levi was carried away?). Then again, the other main kingdom was Ephraim (or the tribe of Joseph, in effect) so maybe it was them? I figured ya'll probably had the answer, so I thought I'd ask :).

Not too much more on the front right now. I love reading your e-mails and letters and everything! It's always a blast to hear from ya'll. If you'd like, feel free to ask up some questions that I can answer (some weeks, like today, I don't have a whole bunch to say) and I'd love to answer them!

Thank you again so much. I love you! :) Hope everything goes well for ya'll this week and enjoy the good weather!


With much love, as always
--
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment