Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Thursday, August 11, 2011

08-10-11

August 10, 2011
Of talents

Hello family!

It's been a good week, as usual. Though I kinda realized that there isn't too much variety here at the MTC. I've been slacking a bit in macking that sheet of Russian stuff that Dad requested in part because I don't learn the Russian words generall by writing them down/by using flashcards. I listen and I pick them up that way, so it's been a bit hard to make that sheet, sorry! But I'll do my best to compile something and ship it out to ya. Thanks for the verb book by the way! I got it today and it's been fun to look through.

Just as a super quick request. Mom, if you could maybe remind friends to send out pictures, that'd be nice. I've got 33 days left, and so I'm a little anxious to get 'em (I haven't gotten any yet, but I'm still hopeful!). Thank ya kindly :)

Russian's coming well! As well as could be expected for 6 weeks anyways. We'll be starting complex sentences today, which is pretty spiffy, but also pretty tough. In Russian you have to train your mind to be able to instantly recognize what case something is going to be in and what conjugation it will be (and whether or not the noun or possibly so other obsure noun in the sentence is Masculine, Feminine or Neuter) and all that jazz. But it's starting to connect, and connect very nicely too, so that's a comfort.

Food's the regular shenanigans. Companion and roommates are still great. I'm sleeping just fine and everything, so on the whole not too much to report!

Much love, as always
--
Elder Peterson

I really am super happy and stoked to be here and learn Russian. I've just got a few things on my mind, and you know me well enough to know that I get very serious/sober about those things that I think deeply and a lot about. So, just once again, no worries. All's good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment