Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Monday, June 10, 2013

06-10-13


June 10, 2013
"Americans! I have a very important question!" "Ok! What's up?" "How much does a 100 kilo bag of cement cost in America?" "Umm...hmm, I'd guess-" "Honey! Stop bugging the Americans! They're busy!"

Hey there everyone! :)

Man, this week has been fantastic! We've been really busy and we saw lots of good results from our work that we've done in the past few weeks! Here's a couple of cool stories!

Every Thursday nightwe've been holding a Sports night wherein we play frisbee (I'm still awful at tossing a frisbee!) and soccer. Last week we hit our all time low in attendance. Even the Sisters weren't there because they had a lesson they had to go to instead of Sports! Oh no! This week we decided to switch places to a place that's more public to see if it'd be better for inviting more people. As we started, the Sisters were late because of traffic and we had a sad little group of 5 people playing frisbee, hoping desperately that at least 1 more person would come so that we could play some soccer. Well, it was cool. We'd found a lot of people this past week who said that they'd come to Sports night and...they actually came! It sounds goofy, but really that is a rarity. Our little group of 5 more than doubled to 11 and we had a ton of fun playing soccer together and there was a great spiritual thought too! At the end, as people were walking away, they were talking about how they were going to invite their friends to come and play next week. I'm really glad that it worked out and that God showed our little sports group some mercy this week :)

In other news, we found 6 new investigators this past week, which is pretty impressive, but my favorite of all the finding experiences this week was thanks to Elder Lundberg especially. We were doing addresses when Elder Lundberg suggested taking a route that wasn't, in my opinion, as quick/effective as it could have been, but I wanted him to lead it out, so we did it his way. We dropped by the first address; the guy had moved (pretty usual in this line of work), so we went outside the building to write down the results when we heard a woman from the first floor window say "hi boys! What are you preaching?" Long story short, her and her husband invited us in, we explained prayer and the Book of Mormon and prayed with them and they became new. If we hadn't have been there at that time and place, we wouldn't have found them. Elder Lundberg got and acted on revelation without even knowing it, and we saw wonderful fruits of that. I'm so proud of him!

In other news, V is making wonderful progress and he has a baptismal date set for the 29th of June. I think I might have mentioned this last time, but I really hope he makes it for that date because it will be my 2 year mark on my mission. Crazy! Funny story, as we went to drop by him for  a lesson we saw his neighbor outside on his front yard, wearing nothing but his underwear, holding a spear. Out of nowhere we heard a "meow!" and a cat dashed out from his hiding spot and booked it down the street, the man's spear just barely missing it. Vladimir came out right at that time and we all gave the guy a perplexed look as he tried to explain tha the cat had messed up the plants in his garden and that he was out to get revenge. Russia!

Cool little thing too, if you look at your calendars you may have a scribbled out "that cool guy from Russia comes home today!" marked out. Yep! According to the original plan I was supposed to be where you are today. All I can say is that thank goodness I'm still on my mission :) It'll be awhile before I'm ready to go, if ever.

Ah, thank you so much Mom for working with my registration stuff. I feel your pain, I know the system needs to be reworked (I really was gnawing my nails my second semester as I was desperately trying to rework my scheudle. Everything worked out though, whew!). So, here's my opinions/thoughts on the courses!

Go ahead and go with Natalie's favorite class-- the theme sounds really cool! If for whatever reason that doesn't work out go for the class by Brother Embree, he's a great teacher (he taught my public speaking class).

As for science, the Understanding DNA and other related helath issues sounded really interesting, followed by natural disastors and the origins of the universe. They all sound good, but if there's a choice that's the order I'd put it in :)

Music 158 (harp?) I think may be a repeateable course, but Sister Pack (my harp teacher) would know better than I do in that sphere. Hopefully she looks at her e-mail!

Dang, not gonna lie, I felt really good about that [possible] major. At least, the idea of it sounds pretty spot on idea wise as to what I want to do with my life going in more to the admin/buisness side of health stuff. It sounds like a rather specific major, so hopefully they have some good matching up stuff related with it, but whatever other information you find out about it go ahead and shoot it off to me (or we can talk about it when I come back, either way!). :)

Thanks so much for doing all that Mom. You're the best :)

Do you remember that little to-do list I asked about last week? I had a couple of other things to add to it if you could do that for me! First off, I wanted to start jogging with you in the mornings, Mom, if that'd be ok! One of my childhood memories is from a time when we both jogged/walked around town and just talked and then we came back and I watched you play Mist. I don't know why that's still so stuck in my head, but it reminded me of just how much I loved jogging with you. Also, if possible, I'd like to take piano lessons from you (remember back in the good old days? :D). I'll practice, I promise! Also, Dad, I'd like to play tennis with you at least once a week (so long as work and stuff allows for that to happen!) Thanks :)

Anyways, that's what I've got for this week! Thanks for all the support and love! By the way, the new socks are about the best thing ever. Thanks again :)

I love you lots! I really do. Have a great week, and be safe :)

With love
--
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment