Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Monday, April 29, 2013

04-28-13


April 28, 2013
"You're translating for him right?" "Yeah" "Cool, looks like you're pretty good! Get ready, we're about to talk about Quantum Physics boy!" "Oh my..."

Hey there everyone :)

So, I didn't get arrested or put in a hospital this week, but it was STILL pretty dang awesome! Not gonna lie, this was another one of those abnormal but really awesome weeks of my mission.

The first thing was zone conference. Yep, the very last one of my mission. Weird, right? I cried. I was pretty good though in my testimony, didn't cry too much. Man was that hard. So good though, we learned a ton about the Book of Mormon and how we can use it better in helping in the conversion process. It was so good!

This part is most definitely just for family :)   [so I summed it up in the next paragraph]

[Brian had his final interview with his mission president at the last zone conference he’ll have before coming home.  His mission president was very complimentary of the work Brian has done—he didn’t want to brag to the world about it, so we’ll do it for him  =-)]

Anyways, we had really cool exchanges with the Sisters this week on Friday, and we had just about the coolest experience ever. The Sisters, naturally, got a little shaken up what with the experience with the Police, but when I prayed on Sunday and Monday about it I had a good feeling that there would be no lasting negative consequences of our experience. Well, that became a reality when, while contacting on the streets, we met a lady who was there and was a part of the whole experience. She smiled, talked kindly to us and wished us the very best in our work! So cool! This lady could have not liked us or chosen to be snide, but she was kind and everything was great! It was a cool little confiramation that everything was ok.

Speaking of cool stuff while contacting, we met the greatest people. I really have been working on lately testifying and using my testimony and the Book of Mormon to help people understand how our message really helps them in their daily life. There was a man that has a 5 year old son and his wife just up and left him and their son. He was depressed when he saw us and didn't want to speak to us at first, but he stopped and asked how what we do for people helps. We explained the plan of salvation and bore testimony of God's love for him and his son whom he takes care of now. This man went from being rude to not believing that we could help him to being struck by the Spirit. After our testimony he paused for a second and then said "give me your number...we need to meet." We, of course, exchanged numbers. Before parting we gave him a brochure of the Restoration, and he started to cry, saying that he didn't understand why but he felt something good about the brochure. He took it and we left. I'm always humbled and really blessed when I see circumstances like that. I'm glad that he opened his heart to the Spirit and felt God's love through testimony. Pretty cool.

We also had a really great lesson with another investigator in discussing the purpose of life and why God lets evil exist in the world. His point of view is that if there really is a God (or, at least, a loving God) He wouldn't allow for the world to have sadness and evil. We discussed the plan of salvation and really how we have to take a different point of view. That’s the problem for a lot of people I've talked to I think. How can God be just if all this bad stuff happens in the world (he used the examples of the stuff that happened in Boston and Texas). After explaining the plan of salvation I testified of how I knew it was true. Surprisingly he said "You don't know it's true, Peterson. This is made up by man. It's not of God." We, of course, explained and testified once more that yes this plan is of God and how we can actually come to know it's true (we then read Moroni 10:3-5) and told him that reading, pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon would give him the exact confiramtion and evidence he needed from God to know that it's true and that he would come to know, if he did it, that the Book of Mormon is true. He took the challenge.  Way to go!

Last story, then I gotta go, but Mom, you'd be real proud of me! I was the branch pianist yesterday! Yeah, you know you're desperate when you're asking me to play the piano, and I could only really do the right hand, but I stayed on time and did a good job (all things considered!) yesterday! I just thought you'd be proud of me for that! Your son the branch pianist (for hopefully no more than one Sunday! I'll stick to the harp I think!)

In reference to Mothers day, skype shoudl work out just fine as it has in the past. Anytime after 3PM our time here should be just fine, and what with Church I don't know what time will work best for you. Any time between 3-8 my time will be just fine for skyping home, so we can arrange a time now (in your next e-mail please give me a good time) and we'll work with it! :)

Anyways, time to go! Thanks a bunch! I love you lots :)

Love
--
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment