Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Monday, February 27, 2012

02-27-12

Spring!
February 27, 2012
Hey there ya'll!
Well, today me and my companion have been walking around in slush and mud as opposed to the usual ice and snow! It has snowed a ton in these past few days as temperatures have gone pretty quickly from -30 to hovering around -5 or so. Good stuff! The locals figure that the sun will shine forth her glorious rays to sunny goodness and introduce spring in about 2 weeks or so, so that'll be pretty exciting!
I was going to share photos today, but unfortunately I'm writing at a Post Office as opposed to the Williams today. The Williams are at a conference in Turkey of all places, and are enjoying sunny 60 degree Fahrenheit weather! They'll be back next week, so so long as I'm not transfered ya'll get some pictures next week :)
We had culture night this week, at it was a ballet! Oddly enough it was a ballet that was based (but very different) off of Don Khote (no idea how to spell it in english, barely figured out how to do it in Russian at the theatre!). It was a blast! Great performance, loved the music and we had a good group of missionaries, members and investigators that came along. I especially liked the music since there was a harpist in the midst of the orchestra!
A few days ago was a nice Russian holiday that, I guess the closest American equivilant would me Fathers Day. It used to be a Soviet Army holiday, but now it's "Day of the Defense of the Fatherhood" or, "Man Day" for short! For the Man Day celebration our branch held a family home evening where some members of the branch showed off some talents! Me, Elder Rekow and [...] sang a couple of hymns in English (Battle Hymn of the Republic and Onward Christian Soldiers) which the members really loved! Good times and food were had by all.
I wanted to give a special thank you to Sister Wiget and Sister Shepard for their kind words and prayers! It means the world to me to know that I'm remembered by such wonderful counselors and friends! A very special thanks to Sister Shepard especially for a kind reminder in English grammar! :)
That's what I've got for ya'll this week I think. I'm gonna write Sean a quick letter and take a better look at the e-mails I got today. Mom, Dad, thank you so much for writing me everyweek. It means a lot to me, and especially today, whenever you tell me that you love me. Thank you so much, again, and I love you both so very much.
Keep eatin those veggies, and be good now, ya hear? :)
With much love, as always
--
Старейшина Питерсон! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment