Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Monday, January 30, 2012

Update on ways to send mail

Dear family and friends,

I believe I have been wrong about some issues regarding sending mail to Brian over in Russia that I would like to clear up--I asked the mission office some questions and also the post office. For ALL of these options you will be sending the mail to the mission office in Samara and they get it delivered to the missionary. Apparently all options work well in getting through. =-)

Choice 1: You can continue to use the Dear Elder site (to http://www.dearelder.com/ ) to send pouch letters to Brian. On the home page, under "Select mission" you choose Russia, Samara and then "write a letter". Type up whatever you'd like to say along with Brian's name and the mission office address which I'll share in a moment. I guess they print it up and send it one page at a time so it's an okay pouch format. This option is FREE

Choice 2: You can send letters in a regular envelope and even include a photo or 2 (if you wish) and put on international postage of $1.05 (for 1 oz), $1.85 for 2 oz, $2.65 for 3 oz. and $3.45 for 3.5 oz. (probably want to be careful about getting the envelope fat and not able to be scanned by machine)
I suppose this means you can send cards as well =-)

Choice 3: If you send a Flat-rate envelope, the cost is around $15, but like with the flat-rat boxes, you can fit a lot inside the envelope (if it fits it ships!) for your money! =-)

Choice 4: pouch letters (NO ENVELOPES) one page letter, no enclosures, fold it in thirds, tape it closed, address it, and put on a first class (or forever) stamp

So please feel free to send letters and cards--I apologize for not understanding that this was an acceptable (and not very pricey) way to send Brian mail. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me and if I don't know the answer, I'll find out for you!

Thank you for your prayers and everything you do!
Love, carol =-)

His address for all of the above is--


Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Elder Brian Peterson
Russia Samara Mission
Vodnikov Street 95-1
Samara
Samara oblast
443099
Russia
Phone # 8462-310-282 (Phone number NOT needed if sent through the post office, but IS needed if sent through a private carrier)

No comments:

Post a Comment