Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
-Isaiah 12 2-3

Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

10-24-11
Another day in the Factory

Hello there family and friends!

It's been a very good week this week in the Motherland! Crazy to think, but this is my companions last week here in Russia. Transfers are happening next week and the only thing I do know is that I'll be staying here in Zavodskoi. Cool beans! Can't wait to find out who my new companion is and keep the work going in my area (At least, my area for another 6 weeks at least). Some pretty cool stuff has been happening. Out of nowhere, we've found and have been teaching some very ready people the Gospel!

Cool experiance time. Some elders in another part of Saratov met a guy who looked homeless while contacting on the streets and gave him a Book of Mormon and taught him a little bit about the Gospel. He was so excited about it and said that he'd come to Church the next day (last Sunday). He was there, as he promised, and when they found out more about his life, they were shocked. The man lives in our area (Zavodskoi), all of his family has died, he's jobless and he walked all the way across the city, on foot, to get to Church in their area. The Elder's were so shocked and touched by his dedication to get to Church, and they set up an appointment with him to come and meet with us at our church building in his area. We met with him last Tuesday and he always carries The Book of Mormon around with him. He's read a ton too (most of 1st Nephi now) and said that he wanted to be baptized. We felt impressed to give him the promise that if he would sincerely pursue this effort, read and pray everday that he would find work. This shocked him. He's been searching for months for a job and has been living off of debt and what little he can. But he was so humble and trusted us.

And guess what? He found work that very same week :)

Gosh, this work is so cool! We're also teaching 3 others too , 1 of whom very well may be baptized this weekend. So dang cool! The work has never been this progressing before here in this area for awhile and now it's really starting to pick up. So dang cool :)

Quick request Mom. Sorry I do this every week, but almost every week someone new pops into my head and I know I should write them. Many thanks Mom :)

In answer to Jennie's questions, I'm not quite sure how Chirstmas presents will work here. What may end up happening, and I think is likely to be the case (in taking suggestions from other missionaries), that I will be collecting gifts for ya'll over the next two years to give when I come back. Not my optimal choice, but pretty much the safest and best option in the end. But, I'll still go on thinking about it. Also, I wouldn't say that I've felt homesick, more of...home appreciation, I might call it. I can tear up a bit at times when my companion plays Christmas music, but it's in memory of the good times, not a sick feelings. Christmas isn't really celebrated here in Russia, which is really sad to me because I love Christmas! But such it is. I appreciate that I have loving family back in the states, and friends too. When I went to Idaho I came to the conclusion that wherever friends are there is another home. Russia is becoming another home, and I have friends here, especially good ones with the members. I can't say it enough, but I miss you all and think about you everyday. But I know this is exactly where the Lord wants me to be, and I've already learned and grown much more than I would have ever expected, and I've only truly just begun my mission.

Anyways, gotta go, lots to do! I love you all very much. Thanks for your love, prayers and support. I feel them everday, and it's a tender love that has reached out to me when times have been toughest. Thank you all so very much, and I love you lots! :)

With love
--
Elder Peterson


2nd quick note!
By the way, I got 2 pouch mails from you a few weeks ago! They go through just fine, though mail delivery within the mission is pretty varied. Thanks for the letters, and I loved them very much! Makes me feel really dumb for having sent back my letters that I got from the MTC...should have kept those with me. Ah well...

Anyways, now I've really got to go! Talk to ya next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment